Saturday, January 15, 2005

A Suggestion For Prince Harry

By writing this, I am breaking a promise. The WifeWonk made me promise her that I would not have anything to say about Party Boy Prince Harry and his asinine choice of party apparel. This is because the incident has little or nothing to do with education.

I suppose that I am going to be in a lot of trouble, because I am going to write a post on "Prince Harry" anyway. I just can't help myself.

This young man idiot has too much time on his hands. What he needs to do is get a job and actually do something productive to justify all the oxygen and victuals that he has consumed (at the British tax-payers' expense) for the past twenty-something years. (And yes, these people do receive a yearly stipend from the British treasury.)

In my too many years of classroom teaching, I have learned a few things. One of them is that people who have jobs are usually too tired at the end of the day to get into much trouble. It seems to one of life's Fundamental Truths.

Here is one of many reasons that I am thankful to be a citizen of the United States: Unlike our Britannic cousins, we are not expected to bow or curtsy to any human being, especially some depraved-never-worked-a-day-in-his-life-and-never-will-work-a-day-in-his-life specimen like Henry "Prince Harry" Windsor.

And I am green with that.

Additional Commentary: Joe Gandelman's The Moderate Voice does a thorough job examining the issues that surround this scandal. Rob over at The Kommentariat observes that not all murderous regimes are viewed equally in Britain.

Update:(01/15) Student teacher David Terron of The Cabarfeidh Pages (Highland Warriors) corrects the record regarding Prince Harry's sources of income. He should know, as he lives and studies in Scotland. Please refer to his informative explanation in our comments.

Latest Posts