Students Raise Funds For Tsunami Relief
Here is a story that makes me feel good. It's about kids doing what they can to help the victims of the recent tsunami. Here is a peek:
- Lisandra Diaz, her sister, and three friends in Brooklyn, New York, went door-to-door selling cookies, brownies, and chocolate cake.
- Jesse Taconelli convinced his father's business associates to donate a total of $81,000 to tsunami relief.
- Lisa Hotwagner, a fifth grader, spear-headed an effort to get parents at her school to turn over their loose change.
- Emily Oliver, a high school sophomore in Newtown, Connecticut, placed jars and signs around her school and raised $600.
- The Do Something organization has raised over $100,000 from students in schools around the country.
Isn't it great to see our Country's young people doing something positive to help others?