Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Administrative Buffoonery: Texas Style

Over at Pig's school, they won't let her work:
Thank goodness I have spring break this week, or I don't think I could have put up with the idiocy of what I had to endure on Friday. I'm going to tell you a happy little story about why my school district annoys me a smidge. It's called My School Won't Let Me Work.

They scheduled a language arts presenter to come speak to us for the entire day. A language arts presenter who I had seen five times before. Did you catch that? Five times. One three day workshop, one day long workshop, and one personal visit to my school in which she spent the entire day with my team and me.
Read the whole thing and be prepared to either laugh or cry.

And I thought that this degree of administrative cluelessness only existed in California...
-------------------------------
See today's edition of The Carnival of education here and our latest posts over there.